Drive495 is a highly acclaimed specialized training facility located in New York City. With national clout and visibility in the fitness industry, we are seeking interns for a new program. Work among nationally recognized fitness professionals. Join forces with New York City's most elite team of coaches in an environment that utilizes a holistic approach to fitness and sports performance.
Over the course of 12 weeks participants will be immersed into Drive’s day-to-day operations. They will be introduced to our holistic system for enriching our clients’ lives. Unlike most internships and mentorships, Drive interns will become an integral part of our team while being mentored by our incredible staff on the full spectrum of our model. While they hone their skills as coaches they will develop an understanding of how our model works at Drive. They will see the synergistic relationship that exists between training, physical therapy, nutrition and sport coaching and how they relate to our business as a whole. They will also be introduced to the fitness business and marketing concepts that help support our continued success
The majority of their weekly tasks will consist of coaching clients through our group training system, with other supporting duties filling their downtime. There will be an extensive educational component including individual time our owner Don Saladino, and our director of training and education Chris Wicus. Interns will be privileged to attend our staff meetings and in services as well as any courses or seminars that Drive hosts over the length of their program free of charge. There will be a 1000 dollar stipend offered per month of the program to help assist with high costs of living in New York City.
- A strong work ethic
- A sense of initiative
- A growth mindset striving for continuous improvement
- An exercise based college degree is preferred
- Some form of training certification and relevant experience
- Completion of pre-reading and educational requirements
How To Apply
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A link to a YouTube video of no more than 4 minutes. The video must include:
- An explanation of why you're interested in this program, how you heard about the program, and why you would be a good fit at Drive.
- Footage of you coaching someone else through any exercise
- A copy of your resume
- Three professional references including an email address and phone number for each
Summer June/July (Full)
Fall August/September (Open)
Winter December/January (Open)
Spring March/April (Open)